Alzheimers & Dementia Care
Enhance the quality of life and well-being of individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Our Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Services offer specialized care tailored to the patient’s needs, providing personalized support, cognitive stimulation, safety measures, and emotional assistance.
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Services May Include
- Personalized Care Plans tailored to the specific needs and preferences of individuals with Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Assistance with basic activities of daily living (BADLs) such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and meal preparation
- Medication reminders to ensure proper dosage and timing
- Cognitive stimulation activities to maintain cognitive function and slow down the progression of the disease
- Safety measures such as fall prevention strategies and home modifications
- Monitoring and management of challenging behaviors associated with dementia
- Companionship and emotional support for individuals and their families
- Flexible care options, ranging from a few hours of care/day to around-the-clock assistance
- Collaboration with healthcare professionals and involvement in care planning
- Support and guidance for families in navigating the challenges of Alzheimer's and dementia
RT Medical’s Alzheimer's & Dementia Care Services offer significant benefits to both the patient and their family. For the patient, these specialized services provide personalized care tailored to their unique needs, promoting safety, comfort, and overall well-being.
The patient's family can benefit from the expertise of trained caregivers who understand the specific challenges of Alzheimer's and dementia, providing reassurance and support while alleviating the burden of caregiving responsibilities.
These services offer peace of mind to the family, knowing that their loved one is receiving compassionate care and assistance in a familiar and secure environment.
Q. Can you care for someone with Alzheimer's at home?
A. Yes, many families choose to care for Alzheimer's patients at home, because it’s a familiar environment. However, specialized support and adjustments may be required as the disease progresses.
Q. Is it OK to leave someone with Alzheimer's alone?
A. Leaving someone with Alzheimer's alone can pose risks, especially as the disease advances. Continuous supervision or check-ins can prevent accidents and wandering incidents.
Q. What does a caregiver do for Alzheimer's patients?
A. A caregiver assists Alzheimer's patients with daily activities, medication management, companionship, safety monitoring, and cognitive stimulation, modifying the care based on the disease's severity.
Q. At what stage of dementia do you need 24- hour care?
A. For dementia, 24-hour care is typically needed in the later stages when patients may experience severe cognitive decline, wandering tendencies, or have difficulty performing basic daily tasks.
Q. How long can a dementia patient be cared for at home?
A. The duration varies for each individual. With proper support, adjustments; and resources, some dementia patients can be cared for at home throughout the disease's progression.
Why Choose Us
Our Care Team is always available to answer questions about the care process or our services. We’re also here to listen to your concerns so we can better support you and your loved one.
We pride ourselves in taking the guess work out of the process of hiring Home Care.
All RT Medical providers are compassionate, trained, vetted and insured.
Get the support you need now with NO long-term obligations.
While finding quality home care services is a common struggle for families, we understand that your situation is unique. Our customized home care plans incorporate the needs of the care recipient and family members.
Help is Here
Whether you’re in urgent need of a qualified home care professional or just beginning to plan for this next important chapter in your life, our Care Team is here to help.
If you need support, please use this form to get in touch.